Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Change

     Well, we are an entire month and one day into the new year of 2011! Wow, that was fast. Talk about change! My friend just informed me that 1980 is considered vintage by "Etsy" standards after I tried to correct her about an item in her shop classified as 1980 vintage. I thought she must have meant 1880, for who would consider the 1980's vintage! I was married in the 80's and had babies in the 80's! I remember the 80's! Something is wrong with this.  I think what is wrong is that "change" is going on, whether I like it or not!

I'm not a big fan of change, yet without it I would be stuck. Stuck in time, stuck in an era without progress, stuck in times of life that are not so good, even stuck in good times that could get "old". Sometimes though, the change can't come fast enough. Especially when life is not so grand.  Other times, we don't want to change. We like our soft, cushy, happy life we are in, and we don't want to move on.  Trusting God is the key. Letting go and letting Him lead us through, even when the times are bad. It reminds me of the scene in the movie Gone With the Wind, where they had to put a blanket over the horse's head to lead them through the burning streets of Atlanta. If the horses didn't see the fire, they wouldn't fear it or fight it. Some days are like that. Just put the blanket over my head, Lord! I trust you. Just lead me on.  

Ever have one of those days, weeks, years? Well, you're not alone! You're in good company, or should I say, at least in company!
Keep your head under the blanket of faith, and just follow on! God will lead!

Proverbs 3:5&6  " Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment